Ya know, it's funny. I sit here and I think about how much my life has changed over the past 4 years. It's almost been a blur, like a blink of an eye or the split second of the light blue color on a television screen at the very beginning of the old VHS tapes we all use to watch. I watch my 11 month old daughter walk around with my mother, and it's hard to believe. I don't even remember being that young, most people don't I guess.
If someone had sat me down four years ago and looked me in the eyes and told me how and what the next four years would look like I of course wouldn't have believed them. In fact I wouldn't have even stuck around to hear the whole tale. I would've laughed in their face and said something witty like "I have a revolution to start," or even better "I won't do any of that until I have done what I wanted to do first." "Ha!" That's what I say now to my figurative four years ago self.
Back then I really thought I knew what life meant, and at the same time I didn't, but I didn't care either. I used to have a problem with a lot of different lifestyles of people, lifestyles that didn't fit my small and simple diagnosis of what life should be like for people. I KNEW NOTHING!
Of course granted I have a lot of the same friends, but definatly fewer. I still do have a lot of the same values, like "don't hit women," or "look both ways before crossing the street," or even "Emma Goldman had some real good points to make."
These are some of my brief thoughts for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment